WestDale Middle School
5650 Claycut Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Gates open at 3pm; Game starts at 4pm
Prairie View A&M University
Morehouse College/Florida A&M
BASIC RULES OF RUGBY
- You can only progress the ball by passing it laterally or backwards, running with the ball, or kicking the ball forward
- Players cannot block or obstruct and opponent for their teammate
- Score by touching the ball down in the end-zone for 5 points, also known as a TRY. You can attempt a penalty field goal for 3pts. The PAT or conversion after a Try is worth 2pts. You can drop kick the ball in play for 3 points.
- When the player is tackled on the ground, they must release the ball and teams can vie for control of the ball known as a ruck
- Tackles have to be made below the shoulders, and must fully wrap the player
- If the ball goes out of bounds in normal play, the opposing team is given advantage to throw the ball in for what is called a LINE OUT
- Play is continuous, unless there is a stopped penalty by the referee
ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE OF THE GAME! HAVE FUN! CHEERS HARD!!